Thursday, September 11, 2014 – Homecoming Week
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, today we especially remember those who died in the terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001 – and the many people who rushed to the rescue. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
- 4:00pm: Girls’ and boys’ cross country invitational @ St. Catherine’s
- 4:00pm: C football vs. Fridley @ Fridley Middle School
- 4:00pm: Girls’ JV tennis vs. Holy Angels @ Christian Park
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis vs. Holy Angels @ Valley View Fields
- 4:15pm: Girls’ JV soccer vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ Ft. Snelling Athletic Field A
- 4:15pm: Girls’ C soccer vs. Benilde-St. Margaret’s @ Ft. Snelling Athletic Field D
- 4:15pm: C volleyball vs. St. Agnes @ DeLaSalle
- 5:00pm: Boys’ JV soccer @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 5:00pm: Boys’ C soccer @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 5:30pm: Girls’ swimming and diving meet @ St. Anthony
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity soccer vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity soccer @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 7:00pm: Varsity volleyball vs. St. Agnes @ DeLaSalle
Tomorrow’s out of uniform theme will be Islander Day. Show off that Islander pride! Students may wear any DeLaSalle apparel, black and gold/yellow, or Hawaiian shirts and shorts.
And warm up those voices to compete for the spirit stick at our Homecoming Pepfest tomorrow after 8th hour. We will gather in the Main Gym and “respect the tradition” as we hear from a special guest.
Homecoming Coronation is tomorrow at 6:30pm in the Florance Center. Then, hang out with your friends and classmates at the Bonfire at Brothers’ Plaza, which starts at 7:00pm. The DeLaSalle Parent Association will help serve s’mores.
You can find complete Homecoming details online.
- Volunteer at Holy Cross September fest this Saturday and Sunday. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- Help out with games at Annunciation’s Septemberfest Celebration on Sept. 19th- 20th . Games run from 12:00-7:30pm in 90 min shifts. Sign up here if you are interested in helping.
- Individual and group volunteers are needed to help with yard clean-up for elders in our community through the Neighborhood Improvement Program or NIP. The NIP Seniors Program continues to serve most of Minneapolis. Contact NIP Seniors Program volunteer coordinator Jeanne at 612.746.8549 for more information.