Tuesday, September 9, 2014 – Homecoming Week
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, as past generations of Islanders have done, let us find our delight in you. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
- 4:00pm: Girls’ C soccer vs. Holy Angels @ Taft Park
- 4:15pm: Boys’ B soccer vs. Benilde-St. Margaret’s @ Ft. Snelling Athletic Field A
- 4:15pm: Boys’ C soccer vs. Benilde-St. Margaret’s @ Ft. Snelling Athletic Field D
- 5:00pm: Girls’ 9 gold soccer vs. St. Agnes @ Pioneer Park
- 5:30pm: Girls’ swimming and diving meet @ St. Anthony
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity soccer vs. St. Agnes @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity soccer vs. St. Agnes @ Pioneer Park
- Out of Uniform: Pajama Day
Show your spirit for your favorite sports team or any sports team! The more sports-gear, the better. Bust out those jerseys and make your classroom feel like a stadium!
Remember, all out-of-uniform guidelines from the Student-Parent handbook are in effect for Homecoming Week:
You may vote today for the Homecoming coronation court. Voting will take place in Quia. Please check your student Islander Apps email for an email with your Quia username and password. You will receive a separate email with a link to the voting for your class. Vote before the end of lunch!
And junior and senior girls may sign up on the sheet outside the Main Gym for tomorrow’s Powderpuff football game.
You can find complete Homecoming details online.
- Help out with games at Annunciation’s Septemberfest Celebration on Sept. 13-14. Games run from 12:00-7:30pm in 90 min shifts. Sign up here if you are interested in helping.
- Individual and group volunteers are needed to help with yard clean-up for elders in our community through the Neighborhood Improvement Program or NIP. The NIP Seniors Program continues to serve most of Minneapolis. Contact NIP Seniors Program volunteer coordinator Jeanne at 612.746.8549 for more information.
MIT and Washington University have scheduled visits in the Twin Cities area.
- Get to know MIT city-wide admissions event
MIT is hosting a city-wide admissions event for prospective MIT students on Tuesday, September 23 at 7:30pm at the Eisenhower Community Center Theater. If you are interested in MIT, or other highly selective schools, especially those that have a strong emphasis on science and math, this presentation will help you understand what it takes to be competitive in the admission process.
- Washington University Admissions Event
Sunday, September 21, 4:00-5:00pm,
Minneapolis Airport Marriott, 2020 American Blvd. East, Bloomington, MN
The office of Undergraduate Admissions invites prospective students and their parents to attend a presentation about Washington University. You will become acquainted with academic programs, life on campus, and how to apply for admission and financial assistance st Washington University. No reservation needed. For more information call: 1-800-638-0700 or 1-314-935-6000