Monday, September 8, 2014 – Homecoming Week
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, may we honor the tradition and legacy of DeLaSalle alumni during this Homecoming Week – and always. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
- 4:00pm: Girls’ JV tennis @ Park Center
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis @ Park Center
- 4:15pm: Girls’ C soccer vs. Southwest @ Armatage Park
- 4:15pm: Girls’ 9 gold soccer @ Minnetonka
- 4:30pm: C volleyball @ White Bear Lake
- 5:30pm: 9 gold volleyball @ White Bear Lake
- Out of Uniform: Pajama Day
Come to school looking like you just rolled out of bed! You may wear bathrobes, slippers, and even carry a blanket or a favorite stuffed animal.
- Homecoming Activity: Outdoor Movie Night, Practice Field, 7:00pm
We’ll be watching The Sandlot under the stars. Concessions and free popcorn will be available. Stay in your PJ’s and bring a cozy blanket to keep warm.
Remember, all out-of-uniform guidelines from the Student-Parent handbook are in effect for Homecoming Week:
- No yoga pants, halter-tops, tank tops, or bare midriffs
- No hats
- No sunglasses
- Only knee length shorts and skirts will be permitted at any time during the week.
Students dressing in violation of these guidelines will be required to a wear a uniform from the “loaner” closet.
And junior and senior girls may sign up on the sheet outside the Main Gym for Wednesday’s Powderpuff football game.
You can find complete Homecoming details online.
- Help out with games at Annunciation’s Septemberfest Celebration on Sept. 13-14. Games run from 12:00-7:30pm in 90 min shifts. Sign up here if you are interested in helping.
- Individual and group volunteers are needed to help with yard clean-up for elders in our community through the Neighborhood Improvement Program or NIP. The NIP Seniors Program continues to serve most of Minneapolis. Contact NIP Seniors Program volunteer coordinator Jeanne at 612.746.8549 for more information.
MIT and Washington University have scheduled visits in the Twin Cities area.
- Get to know MIT city-wide admissions event
MIT is hosting a city-wide admissions event for prospective MIT students on Tuesday, September 23 at 7:30pm at the Eisenhower Community Center Theater. If you are interested in MIT, or other highly selective schools, especially those that have a strong emphasis on science and math, this presentation will help you understand what it takes to be competitive in the admission process.
- Washington University Admissions Event
Sunday, September 21, 4:00-5:00pm,
Minneapolis Airport Marriott, 2020 American Blvd. East, Bloomington, MN
The office of Undergraduate Admissions invites prospective students and their parents to attend a presentation about Washington University. You will become acquainted with academic programs, life on campus, and how to apply for admission and financial assistance st Washington University. No reservation needed. For more information call: 1-800-638-0700 or 1-314-935-6000