Thursday, October 2, 2014
Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God.
Lord, let my day be yours and may it be filled with goodness. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us. Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
ENTREE: CHICKEN DRUMMIES, MASHED POTATO, BROCCOLI; A LA CARTE: TOSSED SALAD, BUFFALO CHICKEN WRAP, APPLE KRISP
- 4:00pm: Boys’ and girls’ cross country @ Fox Hollow Golf Club
- 4:00pm: C football @ Benilde-St. Margaret’s
- 4:00pm: 9 gold volleyball @ Cretin-Derham Hall
- 4:15pm: Boys’ JV soccer vs. St. Thomas Academy @ Ft. Snelling Field D
- 4:15pm: Boys’ B soccer vs. St. Thomas Academy @ Ft. Snelling Field E
- 4:15pm: Boys’ C soccer vs. St. Thomas Academy @ Ft. Snelling Field H
- 4:15pm: Girls’ 9 gold soccer vs. Cretin-Derham Hall @ Ft. Snelling Field A
- 4:15pm: C volleyball vs. Columbia Heights @ DeLaSalle
- 4:30pm: Girls’ JV soccer @ Tartan
- 5:00pm: Girls’ varsity soccer vs. Tartan @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: JV volleyball vs. Columbia Heights @ DeLaSalle
- 6:00pm: Girls’ swimming and diving @ Columbia Heights
- 7:00pm: Varsity football @ Benilde-St. Margaret’s
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity soccer vs. St. Thomas Academy @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Varsity volleyball vs. Columbia Heights @ DeLaSalle
All college visits take place in the Guidance office, unless otherwise noted. Please get a pass from your teacher to meet with the college representative.
- 11:30am-12:30pm: University of North Dakota
- 12:00-1:00pm: High Point University
DeLaSalle will host two events to raise money toward cancer research and fight a disease that has affected many within our families and personal lives.
- The volleyball program will host a “Dig Pink” night TOMORROW to support cancer research when the Islanders host the Columbia Heights Hylanders. There will be various ways to donate on this night; we hope to see you there.
- The DeLaSalle football team will host “Tackle Cancer” Night at its last regular season home game on Wednesday, October 15 at 7:00pm. We as Islanders will join the effort of both the Minnesota Football Coaches Association and the Randy Shaver Cancer Foundation. Come support the Islanders and have a chance to participate either through a half-time contest or donation at the gate when you enter.
Join the fun in Lasallian Ministry during Lasallian Game Day during lunch TOMORROW! Bring your lunch, come hang out with your friends and play a few games. Bring your own game or we’ll have some to play. See you Thursday!
NAHS will meet after school TODAY in Ms. Megan’s room to create the centerpieces for this year’s Christian Brothers’ Gala. Don’t forget to bring your membership fee. Any questions? See Madison Schmidt.
DeLaSalle Theatre is hosting a information meeting for all parents and De theater enthusiasts to kick off the new season. We’ll meet on stage in the Florance Center TODAY at 6:00pm. You’ll learn more about this year’s student theater opportunities, meet the artistic staff, and find out how you can take part in the many parent-supported theatre activities throughout the year. Come prepared to share your ideas. Can’t attend but want more information? Email James Buffington
Need help with a college application? Come to the Guidance office for October Madness on Fridays in October (Oct. 3, 10, 24, and 31). Counselors will be available from 3:00-5:00pm to help you with your application or answer questions. Light snacks provided.
BeYOUtiful meets on Monday from 7:30-8:20am in the Lasallian Ministry office. All are welcome.
Boston University will host a reception in Minneapolis for high school juniors and seniors and their families. The reception happens Monday at 6:30pm at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis (1300 Nicollet Mall). This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about BU and the college application process. Please RSVP
if you plan to attend.
Students are encouraged to do their best to keep track of all personal belongings. Lost items should be brought to Ms. Weeks’ office and students may check for lost items there as well.