Off to a Great Start!
DeLaSalle teachers, staff, and coaches and moderators are excited to welcome students back-to-school for the 2015-16 school year. This begins our 116th year on Nicollet Island and we are again a bigger school, drawing some 750 students from more than 110 different grade schools. We thank you for your commitment to partner with us at DeLaSalle this year.
We renew our pledge to be even better in all that we do, certainly as teachers and learners, but even more importantly, as people called to serve each other and make God present in our world. That starts with a commitment to the 2015-16 school prayer theme as chosen by president, Barry Lieske: “How good it is when God’s people live in unity.” This theme guides us in all we do – from the first day of practices to staff orientation sessions to the first day of school. It will be woven into student programs throughout the year.
Families can find back-to-school information on varying topics here. If you cannot find the information you are looking for here, please call the Main Office at 612.676.7600 for direct assistance.
- Annual Health Information
The school nurse keeps up-to-date medical information about your child on file, including any allergies, vision or hearing problems your child may have, or medications that he or she may take.
- Home Language Questionnaire
This form helps us identify families eligible for receiving federal funds and services that provide support for English Language Learners. Family and student eligibility is based on your responses to this questionnaire.
- Household Income Report
This form allows DeLaSalle to receive programs, services and resources from the State of Minnesota and U.S. Government. Individual family information is kept confidential.
- Student-Parent Handbook Agreement
The 2015-16 Student-Parent Handbook is available here. Please review the handbook, then complete this form acknowledging that you will abide by its policies. Click here to access the Tablet Device Protection Plan to choose the protection plan for your child’s iPad.
- Physical Exam
The Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) requires every student athlete to have a new physical exam on file with DeLaSalle every three years.
- MSHSL Eligibility
The MSHSL requires these forms of any student before they participate in any activity during the 2015-16 school year. Please complete, sign, and return the last two pages of the document, which will be kept on file in the Student Activities Office.
- Transfer students meet separately with other transfers (and some returning De students); we will have a continental breakfast meeting to start the transfers program at 8:30am, but we will not serve lunch to the transfers. Again, the transfers are dismissed at 12:00 noon.
- Ninth graders will stay through lunch (provided free on Monday) and have additional orientation activities in the afternoon designed to help them meet other new ninth grade students. Ninth graders are dismissed at 3:00pm.
Please note these important reminders:
- School bus service is not available on this day. Plan to arrive between 8:00-8:20am. The programs will begin promptly at 8:30am.
- All students are to be in SCHOOL UNIFORM
- All 9th grade students should NOT bring their iPads to this orientation
- All transfer students SHOULD bring their iPads to this orientation
- Tuesday, August 4, 9:00am – SESSION FULL, REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Tuesday, August 4, 6:00pm – SESSION FULL, REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Wednesday, August 5, 6:00pm – SESSION FULL, REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Thursday, August 6, 9:00am – SESSION FULL, REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Tuesday, August 11, 9:00am – SESSION FULL, REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Tuesday, August 11, 6:00pm – SESSION FULL, REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Thursday, August 20, 6:00pm
Please note: If you have more than one child at DeLaSalle, you will receive an individual email for each one. Simply click the link in each message and sign your child up.
Before your orientation session, we will ask you to complete some required information that must be updated annually. We will communicate more information about that to you in the coming weeks.
- Pens and pencils
School Supply Reminders
Students in Algebra 1 and Geometry should have a scientific calculator. Students in Algebra 2, Precalculus, Statistics, and all Calculus classes should have a graphing calculator.
Each teacher and course may have specific requests for school supplies. Students will hear about this on the first day of classes.
The School Store will again sell draw-string bookbags this year that are the only approved bag for carrying items during the school day. Backpacks are to be used only to carry items from home to school and back.
- TRIA Orthopaedic Center Free Sports Physicals
Wednesday, July 22, 5:00-8:00pm
Saturday, July 25, 9:00am-12:00pm
TRIA will offer free sports physicals. No appointment necessary. Bring immunization records, if possible.
- CVS Minute Clinic
Among other options students and families may consider is receiving a sports physical from CVS Minute Clinics, which are now located in most major Target stores. For a limited time, a $10 discount on sports physicals drops the price to $49.
- Athletic Eligibility Meeting
Thursday, August 6, 6:00pm, DeLaSalle High School
You and your child are strongly encouraged to attend this meeting to learn about eligibility policies of DeLaSalle and the Minnesota State High School League for student-athletes. Coaches will also be available to discuss fall schedules, expectations and goals.
- First Day of Fall Sports Practices
Monday, August 10 or Monday, August 17