DeLaSalle transitioned to Canvas, a new learning management system, with the start of the 2014-15 school year. Canvas allows students and teachers to interact and share course materials, including online assignments, discussion boards, and more.
Parents may create an account to observe their student’s grades, coursework, and calendar in Canvas. To create an account, you will need to know your student’s username and password for their Canvas account. Student usernames are the same as their email prefix (everything before the @ in their @studentapps.delasalle.com email address).
From a browser on a desktop or laptop computer (this will not work from a mobile device):
- Go to http://delasalle.instructure.com
- Select the “Parent of a Canvas User? Click here for an account” .
- Enter your name, your email address, the student username and student password.
- Select Start Participating
- Go to the account for the email address you entered and look for a message from Instructure Canvas
- Select “Click here to complete registration process.”
- Enter a secure password
- Select the Register button
Have another child at De? Here’s how to observe more than one student:
- While logged in to Canvas, select your name in the upper right corner.
- Select Observing in the left margin
- Enter the Username and Password of the additional student
- Select Add Student
This video tutorial demonstrates the step-by-step approach to setting up an account as an observer and provides an informative overview of key functions within Canvas, such as where to find your student’s grades, assignments, and other coursework.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org